Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Report #6: Lessons I’ve Learned the Hard Way and Academic Writing



Day #21: What three lessons do you want new freelance academic writers learn from you?

Well, there are many pitfalls in academic writing and it’s not such an easy occupation as it seems to be. So, three lessons I want newbies to learn from me are:
1.       Never think that you know enough about this or that topic.
2.       Always review the structure and peculiarities of the paper you are going to write.
3.       Don’t think you can’t write something; just start and the work will pour out of you.

Day #22: Put your music on shuffle and post the first 10 songs.

Love these tasks the most because my music is always with me!
1.       Disclosure – Magnets (feat. Lorde)
2.       Brika – Expectations (Artiq Remix)
3.       Lido – Lost feat. Muri (Stwo Remix)
4.       Cosmo's Midnight – Snare (feat. Wild Eyed Boy)
5.       Whilk and Misky – So Good To Me
6.       Calvin Harris – Blame (feat. John Newman)
7.       Ben Howard – I Forget Where We Were (Boehm Remix)
8.       James Morrison feat. Nelly Furtado – Broken Strings
9.       Gareth Emery – Concrete Angel feat. Christina Novelli
10.   Tapecut – drops ( The XX - Together remix )

Day #23: A letter to someone, anyone.



I wrote a letter to my old friend Nat Cleary. We’ve been friends for almost 10 years and I appreciate this friendship much. This is the kind of bonding that lasts a lifetime. We have an agreement. As we meet very rarely because of different circumstances, we send each other books that we have read and that we suppose to be worth reading. It’s very interesting because our tastes in books are not the same. Yet we always have what to talk about.

Day #24: Write about the lesson you’ve learned the hard way.



I think there are many lessons that I’ve learned the hard way but the most vivid in my memory is the one when I understood that I’m too naïve.  That’s what I wrote about . But after reading this it came to me that I haven’t stopped being naïve. Because I like being that way.

Day #25: Think of any academic word that you like and write something inspired by it.



“Significant”. I classify this word as academic as it can be used in various situations and render the exact meaning you need. But it also can be applied to my life because I have too many things that I care about and it inspires me to live.

That was my second to the last report and I hope you enjoyed it. Because I did.

Wait till my last one and you’ll find out what effects such kind of challenges have on writer’s consciousness.




No comments:

Post a Comment