Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Goals for 2016: Playing the Guitar and Chicago Citation Style


Pre-New Year fever is highly contagious and who said that it’s bad? It’s the time when you feel some sort of that childish excitement that is supposed to be forgotten. And it’s just amazing because you are gently “pushed” by this infantilism to make something crazy and funny that eventually becomes the best memories in your life.

That’s why I’ve decided to create a list of goals for 2016 exactly at this state of pre-New Year fever to make it bright and interesting. Let’s see what I’ve got here:

1)       Continue Writing Every Day

As you remember, my 30 day writing challenge resulted into a habit of creating a piece of text every day. And I don’t want to give it up.

2)      Get the Hang of the Chicago Citation Style

My career is my all, so, I can’t set goals without omitting my professional skills and their improvement.

3)      Stay in Touch with My Friends

My close ones play an important role in my life. That’s why I mustn’t lose sight of them in any case, and you shouldn’t too.

4)      Learn to Play the Guitar

I’ll tell you a little secret: I have a list of songs that I listen to and imagine myself playing the guitar and singing them. So, I better start learning how to do it cause the list doesn’t become any smaller.

5)      Start Learning Italian and Go to Venice

After reading Dan Brown’s “Inferno” I can’t live without seeing this beautiful city. French say “see Paris and then you can die”. I am almost positive they’ve mixed it up with Venice.

6)      Knit a Sweater

Well, this year I’ve made two scarfs for my husband and mother. But next year I must move forward and knit a whole sweater! I’m already excited.

I’m not an adherent of long lists with 100 points of to-do tasks because I’ve tried them and they don’t work with me. If I set myself a goal, it must be 100% reachable and all of the above said plans are possible to complete (I only doubt the Venice thing, but I’m 80% sure that’ll work out).

So, these are my goals for 2016. And what are yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment