Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Hurrah! My 1st Post!

Hello, there! I’m Lily, a 34 year-old home-stay academic writer/advisor and a proud mother of 2 children, Amy and John, and a happy owner of 2 pets - a classy red and blue Macaw and a perky dachshund.

You’ve happened to visit my blog about academic writing. So far I don’t know what will come out of it, but I do hope that the blog will help me and other writers get better. I plan to register all the insights and tips I’ve found useful in the course of my career. Luckily, I do have some stash of tips.

In fact, I’ve been in the writing business for the last 15 years. My career as a journalist started when I was 20. I was pretty much satisfied with all this running and writing and interviewing people – and then, two years later, Amy happened. My husband convinced me to leave work – and I did, but, well, not completely. I began taking part in various writing projects online – journalist projects, fiction and non-fiction projects. Then, when I accidentally got myself into an academic writing project, I suddenly realized I’m into it. It was 5 years after I started to work as a copywriter. That was also the time when I discovered custom writing services. It took me another 5 years to get to the best ones with decent payment and adequate (mostly) clients. Now I work with trusted customers (word of mouth, you know), but sometimes I return to writing agencies.

P.S. I am almost sure that sometimes I will get carried away and mix personal with professional in this blog, but, at least, you will never be bored J


No comments:

Post a Comment